CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Organizing My Chaos

It seems like forever since I have sat down and wrote my thoughts, I don't really even know where to begin. Our lives have become so crazy lately and every weekend I tell myself I am going to sit down with a calendar and get our life organized so that during the week it won't feel so overwhelming or chaotic. But Friday night comes, and I try to get a start on chores or laundry or we run errands, then quickly Saturday morning comes and as Josh would say drill sargeant Ashlee kicks in and its clean clean clean until I realize oh shoot we need to go Grocery shopping (if it didn't get done friday night) because we have no milk, bread, or anything for dinner next week. Then we come home eat dinner (probably someithing we picked up on the way home from the store because why would I want to cook with all the food I just bought) bathtime bedtime for Tate, I feed Beckham and fall asleep snuggling him on the couch. Wake up and it's Sunday. How does time fly so quickly? I really need to get organized in my time, I have so many ideas and am determined on this upcoming long thanksgiving weekend to put them into play. I think if I was more organized I would feel so overwhelmed at times or feel like I am failing at keeping a tidy home or not being a good friend, sister or whatever else it may be at one time or another. I went to a conference this weekend and there was a lot of reflection on myself and I know that I am not living to my full potential. I am very blessed in my career, it seems everytime there is any chance for me to be layed off or placed in a different position I receive more repsonsibility and am given new challenges and I think it's time for me to recognize that as a little sign from my Heavenly Father that here is the path I am laying for you it is time for you to stop floating through it and being just mediocre, It is time for you to put in all your efforts and challenge yourself to be better and learn all you can about everything. So that is what I am going to do. My work just went through another merge and again I thought for sure I would be heading back to a store as a Front end Manager or something, which would be fine, working back in a store would be FUN! Especially this time of year, it is my favorite time of year in retail but nope I was told I will be staying and keeping up my responsibilities adding to 21 more stores to my current 26 and that I will be adding some pretty important roles to my already busy work week. At first I didn't want to have to learn more, I was nervous and not ready for the change but now I am grateful I look forward to this new challenge and yes I know it is going to require some long days and maybe even a little work on the weekends but I know this is part of my plan and my having such a great job I get to help support my family and I am very very grateful for that.
Other areas of my life I am working to improve, is the relationship I have with others, I have felt that my time at home is so limited that I don't put much effort or time in my relationships with my siblings, mom, Grandparents or even close friends like I would like to. Since I am away from my boys 5 days a week for 10-11 hours a day I am very selfish with my time once I do get home and on the weekends but I miss them I miss seeing my Sisters and Brothers and my Grandma who I love more than anything and my Mom and Step Mom my nieces and nephews. And my girl friends. So I am going to get organized in my week so that on the weekends we can go see those we love so much!!!

2 comments:

mrs. jar said...

Ashlee, you are amazing! I think you are such an example to everyone around you. Your boys are all so lucky to have you.

And PS I miss seeing you every Sunday. ;)

Jaquie said...

Everyone has a crazy busy life it seems like! I've tried so hard to minimize my stresses by making calanders and lists and sometimes it helps.. but sometimes I slack. You are a great Momma and wife, sister, daughter, friend, and employee. You really are a great example to me and I think you have lived a wonderful life because of your choices. :) Love you so much.