CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 8, 2011

My Water Broke....

Saturday Aug 6th was probably one of the better days i have had in a long time. I felt great all day with only a few pains here and there. Saturday night at about 1245 am I went upstairs to get ready for bed, went pee, stood up and was really naseuas and had a pain on my lower left side.
Went over to get in bed, 1250am and all the sudden i felt a drip drip, looked down and sure enough there was fluid running down my leg, then the gush came! I freaked out, I was yelling for Josh, the dogs were all around me wondering what was going on, and I started to cry. Josh runs upstairs thinking something horrible had happened and when I told him, he said well does it hurt, me "no", him "then why are you crying", me "because it's scary". It was kind of funny. He grabbed a bad and called his parents. We threw a few things in the bag, I got a blessing from Josh and his dad and off we went to McKay Dee Hospital.
They put me straight into the room and then we waited, no contractions, and we waited and still no contractions. After getting monitored all night and three attempts at an IV Dr. Bierer came in to see me.
Since my water broke and I was contracting they didn't want to check me just yet. They wanted to wait since the risk of infection is hirer now that my water broke.
They will not let me go home until I have the baby. I am 34 weeks, they will not start me until I am 36 weeks.
It could possibly be a very long two weeks, unless the little guy decides to come!
Sunday they moved me into a post natal room.
I have had lots of visitors so far; my Mom and Aunt Tobi, Grandma and Grandpa Johnstun, my awesome neighbor who I just love Michelle, my BFF Eva, Chelese, Nancy & Tate.
The worst part of this all is Tate, I am so sad I don't get to be home with him every night. When he came in he sat by me for only a few minutes and they wouldn't come near me or the bed. I have IV's and I think it freaks him out.
It made me so sad. I was bawling after they left.
Today I get to meet with the Maternal Fetal Medicine docs to have them look at the baby.
I will keep you all updated!

1 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

It is very hard being stuck in the hospital but it is worth it to have a healthy baby. Trust me you dont want that little guy in the NICU. Good luck!!