CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tis the season...To be Sick

Well the fall came and went and my family stayed pretty healthy, phew! thank goodness but it didn't take long for the month of December to bring all sorts of nasty bugs into my home.Wednesday Nov. 30th Tate started throwing up, by thursday night he was fine and all better. Friday night I started feeling not so hot, Saturday morning I woke up and was sicker than sick, I could barely move, freezing and weak and nasaues. So I stayed in bed all day and didn't get up until Sunday morning and I was feeling a little better but now Josh was down for the count. Monday came, Josh still sick..getting worse. Tuesday still sick so he went to the doctor, really severe strep throat. I decided to have Tate and Beckham tested, came back negative but Tate had a minor ear infection in one ear (where the tube is starting to fall out). So Tuesday night Josh spent the evening in the basement and me and the boys spent it upstairs.
Beckham spiked a fever Tuesday night but seemed to be doing ok so I took him to the babysitter. Tammy called around 1pm and Beckham wouldn't eat and felt hot again, temp 102!!! So I picked him up and took him to see our Pediatrician (who we love). Dr. Rose decided since he had a high temp, and his ears looked really infected to admit him and do some tests. They tried a spinal tap...twice...but couldn't get it. We are at McKay waiting for the cultures to come back tomorrow. When we first got here he was so lethargic and so spacey. It was really scary. But he started eating really well and he got some fluids and antibiotic in him and is looking much better.
Last night his white cell count was 19 and his CRP was 14. So we will watch him today and see how he does and then the cultures will be back tomorrow and they will do more labs but if all looks good he will get to go home. He is such a strong little guy!

3 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

So sorry you guys all got sick.. hope the little one's cultures come back fine!!!

Davinna Kunz said...

I just updated my blog and thought I would check yours....No new updates busy girk! =) Glad you guys got through all that sickness. I was so worried!!! Hope you had a great Christmas! Can't wait to see pics of your little guys! We love you! Call me soon!

Anonymous said...

Nice article is written, Thanks for sharing.
Exam Questions